View of the construction site
Edge Technologies has announced the first Edge building in Germany using innovative smart office solutions. Located to the north of Berlin’s main railway station, the Grand Central building extends over nine floors, with a central area and two basement levels. The building developed by OVG Real Estate offers around 22,800 m² of office, community and commercial space.
The ground floor façades and first floor are set back about 4 metres along Invalidenstraße and Mittelstraße. The building moreover has central recesses on the standard floors and second to seventh floors on all four sides, adding structure and allowing daylight to penetrate far into the offices. The eighth floor is set further back on all sides and has several roof terraces.
The project is currently underway and due to be completed in 2020. The building will meet the DGNB’s “platinum” green building standard and achieve “gold” WELL Core & Shell certification – with BIM support.
- Construction of a new office and commercial building, support based on building information modelling (BIM) by the general contractor.
- Superordinate construction monitoring and review of documentation for building construction during awarding to a general contractor.
- OVG Cloud S.à.r.L.
- Bolwin Wulf Architekten Partnerschaft mdB
- Facts and figures
Gross floor area: 22.554 m² Total construction costs: ca. 100 Mio. € Project time frame: 2018-2020
Grand Central Berlin
Bird’s eye view of the construction site
Building foyer (simulation)
Grand Central Berlin (simulation)
Further reference projects
- Health and research buildings Grand Central BerlinMore
- Office and business buildings Jakob-Kaiser-Haus BerlinMore
- Office and business buildings ARSENAL shopping centre WittenbergMore
- Office and business buildings Office and gallery building on the KunstCampusMore
- Office and business buildings Göttingen business park Lower SaxonyMore